Representatives from some of the most storied indie labels will explore the importance of "brand identity," and how they incorporate their "identity" while positioning their artists' "brand" for success in the marketplace.
Moderator: Dan Ghosh-Roy, Head of Digital Strategy, Development & Operations, Ultra Records
- Cathy Bauer, GM, Daptone Records
- Peter McCarthy, SVP of Marketing, The Orchard
- Jedd Katrancha, VP Creative, Downtown Music Services (dms.FM)
- Portia Sabin, President, Kill Rock Stars
Experienced managers talk about the immersive work and hardcore tenacity behind developing and launching an emerging artist.
Moderator: Kevin Wortis, Director of Label Services, Girlie Action Media
- Jason Foster, Owner, We Are Free
- Mike Martinovich, Flatiron/Borman Management
- Steven Saporta, Co-Owner, The Invasion Group, LTD.
- Rich Schaefer, Manager, The Artists Organization
- Mat Whitington, C3
- Brian Winton, Partner/Manager, Foundations Artist Management
Hear practical, been-there-done-that advice from real industry entrepreneurs and investors. Get tips on securing funding, building a team, acquiring customers, choosing the right partners and how to structure a profitable business.
Moderator: Deborah Newman, MusicStrat
- Billy Chasen, Co-Founder, turntable.FM
- Dan Kantor, CEO, EXFM
- Elias Roman, Co-Founder & CEO, Songza Media
- Charlie O’Donnell, Principal, First Round Capital
- JJ Rosen, CEO, Indaba Music
A&R executives talk personal creative philosophy and how they balance with the philosophies of the companies for whom they work. Panelists will discuss their views and practices in artist development, the necessary “fearless factor” of doing A&R, and A&R from discovery to signing.
Moderator: Pete Ganbarg, Head A&R, Atlantic Records
- Ron Burman, SVP A&R, Roadrunner Records
- Lee Dannay, VP A&R, Warner Chappell Publishing
- Teresa LaBarbera-Whites, SVP A&R, Columbia
- Ruby Marchand, Head of A&R, Ryko (Warner Music Group)
- Carmen Rizzo, Owner, Electrofone Music
Copyright © 2011 CMJ Network Inc., All rights reserved.