Representatives from some of the most storied indie labels will explore the importance of "brand identity," and how they incorporate their "identity" while positioning their artists' "brand" for success in the marketplace.
Moderator: Dan Ghosh-Roy, Head of Digital Strategy, Development & Operations, Ultra Records
- Cathy Bauer, GM, Daptone Records
- Peter McCarthy, SVP of Marketing, The Orchard
- Jedd Katrancha, VP Creative, Downtown Music Services (dms.FM)
- Portia Sabin, President, Kill Rock Stars
Kick off the first day of CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival with your college and community radio peers at this station-only meet-and-greet hosted by NZ Music Commission. This is a great opportunity to meet show-going buddies and to learn about—and learn from—fellow station members, because, hey, there’s strength in numbers (see “Saving College Radio“). Snacks and refreshments will be provided. You must be affiliated with a college or community station to attend. This is an 18+ event.
How social networks and interactive platforms are changing the face of PR and marketing, from spin towards engagement.
Moderator: Michael Kauffman, Senior VP of Corporate Communications & Content, RightsFlow
- Alexandra Dunne, Head of Publicity, Glassnote Records
- Laurie Jackobson, President, Jaybird Communications
- Elizabeth Lutz, Senior Publicist, Shore Fire Media< - Josh Bernstein Marketing Director of Music Division at Future US
- Josh Bernstein, Marketing Director of Music Division at Future US
Brands are developing and breaking artists, while marketing products and services. A view into who is making these deals and the impact on artists’ careers. Preceded by a talk from MaryLeigh Krasniewicz, Executive Director at Trendera - a trend forecasting and market research company focused on collection and analysis of the cultural and behavioral insights of today’s most sought-after consumer groups. She'll be speaking about trends that are driving young consumers today, from new behaviors (like Constant Beta) to new technology hubs (like Kickstarter), as well as what brands and marketing they are responding to.
Moderator: Tyler Barth, VP Business Development and Entertainment Relations, Blue Microphones
- Steve Bender, Founding Partner, GreenLight Media & Marketing
- Al Dejewski, SVP, Global Marketing, MySpace
- Victor Siegel, Founding Partner, MPP(+)
- Aleesha Smalls-Worthington, Sr. Director of Interactive Marketing, Iconix Brand Group (Rocawear, Artful Dodger)
- Beatrice Farina, VP Marketing Communications, Shazam
Featuring performances by The John Steel Singers, the Amcats and Little Red
Featuring performances by Clubfeet, Bleeding Knees, WIM and the Grates
It’s all over the news: Our college stations are in peril. But those on the front lines can help. Learn about the current state of college radio, how to best win university support and what to do if your station is threatened.
Omar Ahmad, WSOU
Norm Prusslin, WUSB/Intercollegiate Broadcasting System
Sharon M. Scott, WRVU Friends & Family
Irwin Swirnoff, KUSF In Exile
After gettin’ your learn on at College Day, it’s time to relax with fellow radio cohorts. College radio message board and all-around station resource Medium Rotation is proud to present the official College Day afterparty. The shindig ends 8 p.m. so you can catch all of the evening’s shows.
Open bar (Beer + Reyka Vodka) 4:30-5:30pm
Free quartered grilled cheese hors d'oeuvres for approx 250 (Classic, Brie, and French Onion)
Grey Group’s Cresendo Production music producers DJ between sets
Copyright © 2011 CMJ Network Inc., All rights reserved.